Photo Collage

Photo Collage

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kyle's Upcoming Appointments.....

Well it's that time again. Kyle is due for his oncology check up and his annual eye exam. It always make me a little nervous just thinking about potential outcomes. This is one of the after concerns we, as parents of RB kids, deal with. Because Kyle had Bilateral RB and has the gene mutation, he is at a much higher risk of developing other malignancies in other parts of his body. We try not to think about it and just take it day by day but I would be lying if I didn't confess that every headache Kyle has, I worry....every bump on his body, I worry....every bruise or sore spot, I worry. It is almost like you are waiting for something else to pop up. I try not to let it consume my mind but sometimes it creeps up. Times like when the "check ups" are coming up make you start thinking about it all over again.

I am confident that God has a tremendous plan for Kyle's life and we just walk in faith that God will see us through all of these "stressful" times.

When I spoke with Kyle today about his Oncology appointment coming up this Thursday, he asked "Are they just checking to see if my cancer came back?" Just the sound of the word cancer leaving his mouth makes my heart ache. I think the older he gets he is realizing more and more about his battle with cancer in the past and the precautions he needs to take in the future.

Kyle's oncology appointment is this Thursday and his annual eye exam with Dr. Murphree is on December 11th. Please say a prayer for our Kyle!

We trust that this appointment will come and go with no incident just like the last ones have. Thank you all for all the support and prayers!!

3 comments:

  1. Lots of prayers for all of you and sending lots of love! Everything will be ok. :) And, I agree, God does have huge plans for Kyle's life! Hang in there!! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. melanie rischer bernardNovember 11, 2010 at 7:10 AM

    We love you and your family and we are praying for you today. Your r12 LifeGroup loves you too. God is with you and God is for you! Hang onto that confidence that you have God on your side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first read about Kyle in Golf Digest and was happy to find this website today! Kyle has changed the way I feel about Tiger Woods and I love his ability to forgive...who am I to judge someone? Thanks Kyle. I will always pray for you and your family.
    Your fan from Canada,
    Boe

    ReplyDelete