Photo Collage

Photo Collage

Monday, November 29, 2010

Tomorrow one of Kyle's biggest dreams comes true....Tiger Woods!

Yes, tomorrow will be the day that Kyle meets Tiger Woods. Tiger invited him up to his tournament in Thousand Oaks and Kyle is so excited he can't stand it. Kyle had a tough time hearing about all of the stuff that went on with Tiger this past year. Tiger has always been a "idol" to Kyle, when Kyle first started watching golf (when he was two) it was Tiger he loved to watch. After Kyle was diagnosed and going through his treatment, it was still Tiger that he loved. I remember the days when his chemo treatments made him so sick that all he wanted to do is lay on the couch and watch TV. I remember all the times that all he wanted to do was watch Tiger....I remember him laying on the couch with a golf club in his hand while watching Tiger on TV. I think that Kyle sought out some comfort in watching him play and for that we are very thankful. Even though Tiger's life has had it's fair share of bumps in the past year, we can never judge another whose shoes we have never walked.

Kyle took it a bit hard when he first heard about Tiger. We tried hard as parents to shield him from the media but it was just a matter of time before the questions started. We tried to answer him as best as we could but initialy Kyle  was disappointed and a bit angry at him. He told us he didn't want anymore Tiger stuff and he wouldn't wear his Tiger hat or shoes anymore. We let him deal with it however he needed to. After about 3 months, we were driving in the car and out of the blue Kyle said "Mom, I think I forgive Tiger now". I asked why and he said that everyone makes mistakes. I had to choke back that lump in my throat because to tell ya the truth, I was not ready to say the same. It is amazing how a kid's mind works and how big their hearts can be.

I don't think Jeff or I will ever truly understand how much Tiger means to Kyle. I am not sure anyone will.....I think through Kyle's battle with cancer Tiger has somehow helped him pull through the rough times. Some may say we are giving Tiger too much credit.....some say Tiger may not deserve such a fan....what i can say is that no matter what we may think of Tiger and his situation, I would never stand in the way of Kyle having his dream come true by meeting him.

Tomorrow Kyle will have lunch with Tiger......and am sure it will be an emotional day for all, emotional to all for several different reasons!  

3 comments:

  1. melanie rischer bernardNovember 29, 2010 at 9:36 PM

    we are praying for all of you! tomorrow is going to be a great day! we declare it for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Regina,
    Hugs to Kyle and hugs to Tiger. These two will be soulmates. There will always be heroes and we all have several chances. Kyle is one of my heroes on the first try.
    I am SO excited for Kyle AND Tiger. Gonna be a treat for both of them.
    Love to Jeff and the family and I can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes. I am sure it will be great.
    Thank all of you Logrosso's for being part of GAC again for the third year. You are very much a part of all we do.
    Your pal
    BOBBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great moment this will be for both of them. I'm so happy to know Kyle will be meeting his golf idol.

    Keep it going!
    Paul

    ReplyDelete